Wednesday, May 25, 2011

enjoy the view

On my way back home today, I stopped at the pharmacy to buy diapers for the kids, I bought four packs… so I come inside with them… as I sat to chat with my family, my sister asks me how much is the pack of pampers nowadays? When my son was little it was around 35 riyals… so I laughed and said double it! Its 70 riyals a pack ! my dad’s jaw dropped! Gaal mn jdk? I said yeah what do you expect… so my dad being the guy he is, said “I hope your keeping elfawateer” lol when I first left my husband my dad asked me to keep tabs on every halalah I spend on the kids, so I can later show it in court if I have to…so my dad thinks I’m doing that…
 A  while back I decided no I will not do that…what I spend on my kids I do it out of love… I will not collect proof!
 I look at my kids sleeping quietly in their beds, and feel so blessed and grateful for these peaceful moments…and I think of other parents,,,, parents with suffering kids, parents with hands over their ears to stop hearing the cries of their hungry child, parents with eyes wide open looking and searching for their lost child, parents with an aching heart looking behind glass at their sick child….i feel lucky, I feel happy… el7amdellah

But elmoshklaa I get these moments…I feel that my life is like this beautiful view from a window, but there’s this black spot on the glass that makes it incomplete…imperfect… and I have this fear that with time the spot will get bigger and bigger covering all of my beautiful view…or will it go the other way around? My lovely view will get bigger and brighter?

Or I can just learn to ignore this imperfection…? And enjoy the view?

No comments:

Post a Comment